Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Grand Finale

And here is the final menu. I had my conference call with the other chefs and we finalized our menu for the James Beard House in December. I've got three of my own dishes on the menu (2 hors d'oeuvres and the lobster course). I will be flying to Washington, D.C. in November to do a tasting of the menu with all of the other chefs. This is going to be an amazing dinner and I hope to see you all there!!!
Reception

Hudson Valley Foie Gras Stuffed Mission Figs
Rabbit Terrine with Ginger Carrot Air
Sea Scallops” Wellington” with Caviar Vinaigrette
Smoked Steelhead Trout “Burger” Blood Orange Ketchup
Turkish Date and Chevre Truffle with Pistachio

Dinner

Winter Squash Soup, Ricotta Dumplings, Cardoons, Anchovy Butter
***
Sweet Cacao Butter Maine Lobster
Anise Spiced Pears, Whipped Yukon Potato, Roasted Fennel
***
Pork Belly and Water Melon Salad over Baby Swiss Chard and a Cantaloupe Coulis
***
Roasted Rack of Venison
Mushroom SpƤtzle, Roasted Butternut Squash Flan
Huckleberry Reduction
***
Brillat Savarin Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Poached Quail Egg and Roasted Golden Beets
***
Holiday Apple Sampler
Honey Crisp Apple Strudel
Candied Crap Apple
Calvados Ice Cream

1 comment:

Jackie said...

What an honor and, again, I am so proud of you! When your mom was here last weekend she told us about the James Beard happening. She is a very proud Mama, I must say. And she definitely has something to be proud of. I wish we could come because besides it being a fantastic experience, the menu is amazing! Anyhow, one more time, I am so proud of you!