Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ghost Chilies


One of the best parts of cooking is the unlimited number of new ingredients. Our pastry chef brought in some "Dried Ghost Chilies" for me to use and I have no idea what to do with them. As you can see, my first precaution was to put on some gloves before touching them. They are ranked as the hottest chilies on the planet according to Guinness World Records and are used to ward off elephants by grinding into a paste and rubbing on the outer city walls in countries like India. I ask myself after reading this, "who would want to eat such a thing". Maybe this is the difference between ordering your curry 1-10. Besides playing a practical joke on someone, my culinary mind is currently blank when considering possible uses. If anyone has any experience or suggestions, feel free to leave them on my comments section.

No comments: