Thursday, May 6, 2010

Herb and Vegetable Garden

I'm excited to finally have the pleasure of announcing our herb and vegetable garden at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort. We have built a 30 x 30ft garden that has 10 different raised garden beds and over 30 different vegetables and herbs to be planted. Having the option to walk out to the garden in the morning and harvest baby carrots, fresh basil, or garlic is a true pleasure for our chef's and of course myself. I cannot wait to teach the staff the importance of fresh product and have them understand how the food flows from farm to table. We will be planting next week and hopefully harvesting certain items within the next month. I plan on using these truly fresh ingredients primarily for the country club menu and a few specials at the resort. I will be adding pictures as soon as I get out there with a camera.

No comments: