Sunday, January 25, 2009

Churros

So we are working on a new menu for the restaurant and feel that the restaurant needed some type of concept. Since we are in the rocky mountains and still considered southwest, we are going to focus on those flavors. A lot of my cooking background is southwestern and I really appreciate the local ingredients of the region. I'm really excited about the spring menu and will be posting a rough draft shortly. One of the dishes we are working on is a Churro with Chipotle Chocolate and Grilled Bananas. I learned to make churros in Arizona and felt that pairing them with dark chocolate ganache infused with smoky chipotle was perfect. The grilled banana is the perfect medium for the two components. I think that I will make the churros a little bigger next time, but the staff enjoyed eating my first results...

No comments: