Monday, June 14, 2010

Smoking Duck Breast



I'm working on a salad for a dinner tomorrow evening that will require Smoked Duck Bacon as a component and decided to give everyone a glimpse at the process of smoking meats. I took about 10lbs of duck breast raw and completely buried it in a mixture of 1lb kosher salt, 3lbs brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of ground black pepper, this is called a dry cure. After allowing the duck to cure for 24 hours, I rinsed them completely and tossed in maple syrup. I set up my smoker with some hickory wood chips and placed on high heat to really get the smoke going. All the duck breast were placed on the racks and smoked on medium high heat for 30 minutes. The results was a beautiful golden brown duck breast with a sweet bacon flavor that I've chilled down. The salad is what I'm calling a Smoked Duck "BLT" and will consist of freshly harvested lettuce out of my garden, a white tomato mousse, and olive oil toast. I'm really looking forward to smoking other meats over the summer like chickens, ribs, brisket, and pork butt.

1 comment:

Carol William said...

When it comes to Smoked Duck Breast, there are a lot of places that you can get Smoked Duck Breast, only at our online store you can find the wolrds finest Smoked Duck Breast.