Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Colorado Goat Cheese "Twinkies"

I'm working on a new dish for a cheese course and have decided to take the fun route. I was thinking of dishes that are mainly composed of cheese such as a quesadilla or a grilled cheese. Eventually, I thought about the cream filling in a twinkie. It made me compare the texture and color to really good chevre that is always locally available in the rocky mountains. The cake is a simple pound cake with whipped egg whites folded in. I'm going to infuse lemon zest and lavender into the batter and fill with a really tangy goat cheese spiced with crushed black peppercorns. The plate will be garnished with a red beet syrup and fresh arugula. Give me a few hours and I will have some pictures to post.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

OMG! That sounds so awesomely good. You are amazing. I would love to be able to come taste it.